SCHINKEL COMPANY in HONG KONG

Between 28.10. and 7.11. we are guests of Sebastian. Autumn 2003 we met at a Diner at my friend Peter. At that time he planned his departure to Tokyo, where he started to study for 1 year, in the near future. We accepted his invitation to vistit him on our around-the-world-trip and stayed with him for two weeks at our last station. see Japan newsletter

Now the young architect works and lives in Hong Kong Island. His last boss, C. Y. Lee, Shanghai, built the Taipei 101 as well as the Chung Tai Chan Monastery, which will be our next station after Hong Kong.

Our departure from Hong Kong was scheduled on 07.11., but Hong Kong Airlines let us not check in, because we need a separate passport for Johannes (see NL1...bsss, but this time i researched wrong...so it was my fault), we get a new passport for Johannes at the german consulate. The 4 days that are left until we got a new flight to Taiwan we stay on Lamma, a small beautiful tiny island close to Hong Kong Island.

Up on the Peak

Up on the Peak
built on minimal space the skyscapers grow between the wild green of the mountains.The air is suffering from continuous smog, we can hardly see the other side of the harbour.

Way home

Way home

Laundry dryer

Laundry dryer
After two hours drying at the 'fresh' air, the grey veil in the clothes is guaranteed.

advertising is illusion...

advertising is illusion...
...this guy is made of paper...

Photoshow

Photoshow

King George V

King George V
The park is not a park but a soccer field. Much better! Johannes thinks...

Tango argentino!

Tango argentino!
I dance two Milongas, Hong Kong also offers good dancers...

Cooking event at friends

Cooking event at friends

Slauntche!!!

Slauntche!!!

Exciting concert

As we arrived at the counter and learned that there were no more tickets available, because the concert was sold out, and Sebastian already had bought tickets for Mama and himself, I thought, we should not let the tickets get invalid in that forfeited for non-use. I felt already a little desperate and asked my mother, what we could do. My Mama said, now it is very busy here, do you dare to just walk through the control? I said: yes! No sooner said than done…I walked and already passed with fast beating heart the control, but then I saw a second one, which I haven’t seen before. The two tallymen were busy with other visitors and I passed them easily. Slow and well directed. And then I could listen to the concert sitting on my Mama’s knees. I know, that was not really in honesty. I would have preferred to pay, but they did not take our money as we offered it. ------------------------------------ Johannes Schinkel, 10 years

Hong Kong City Hall

Hong Kong City Hall
The Leisure & Cultural Services Dept organises this autumn the "2006 NEW VISION ARTS FESTIVAL". We watch and listen to a concert of alva noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto

Birthday breakfast

Birthday breakfast

And the present:

And the present:

A not describable feeling!

A not describable feeling!
I realized first, that I would be able to swim with a dolphin, when my Mama started to buy the ticket at the counter of Ocean Park. I hesitated a little because I thought of our low budget, but then my Mama convinced me to take it from her, and I thought it was not that bad so that I changed my opinion. It was a wonderful experience, to be so close with a dolphin! It felt a little like rubber, but of course it is not. I had have a chance before to touch a dolphin, that was in Ireland, when my Mama swam with a wild dolphin but at that time I was too afraid. I was 4 years old and could not swim. And then, when I was brave enough the dolphin already was gone. Now I am happy finally to know how it feels, to pet this highly intelligent animal. ------------------ Johannes Schinkel, 10 years

and in a second he will embrace the dolphin : ) I am so excited that I make a film, no photo.... which I cannot show on this site. Vever mind, just imagine a very happy Johannes...

Lamma Island Beach

Lamma Island Beach

When you see shadow you will find light

When you see shadow you will find light
just arrived on Lamma instead of Taiwan